by Russ Ward (@russcward)
When From Bogota With Love first started, the Z-team made a point of sharing their inspiration with you, be it books, websites or music that was pushing the innovation and creative process forward. We’d like to pick that up again.
1. www.Search-Cube.com This is a great attempt at a visual search tool that looks to avoid the typical semantic list. The three dimensional cube looks like a Rubik’s cube, cool but a little cumbersome perhaps.
2. www.oscope.com Another version of a visual search tool and more traditional in layout. I find that when I’m presented with these images alone I am free to interpret them. Man I am way off sometimes. See for yourself – what do you think?
3. www.ispionage.com This is a typical web tool that seems to tell us more that the owner of a site may want us to know. But – amazingly enough these guys estimate Pay Per Click expenditure over a year. I have used this for a while and clients are quite surprised this information is available.
4. http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/ This thing has circulated for some time but it is an amazing example of an interaction and engagement device enabled by technology. Bit creepy – where ever the mouse cursor it comes to it and you can pick it up by the leg/s or abdomen. Find and play with the options. Cool.
5. Four is all I have. Enjoy!