A lot of intelligent people said a lot of intelligent things during Integrated Marketing Week. Here are our top five quotes from the conference.
# 5. Unlike focus groups and copy tests that take the life out of an idea, the data opens up and identifies opportunities
– Cliff Sorah, Group Creative Director, The Martin Agency, Creative by the Numbers: Can Great Creative and Numbers Coexist
# 4. What’s the screen? The answer is “We don’t f***ing know.”
– Sophie Kleber, Executive Experience Director, Huge, The Secret to Seamless Customer Experience: Responsive Design.
# 3. If [advertisers] don’t have value to bring me, don’t talk to me again.
– Alexis Maybank, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Gilt, The Insider’s View on the Changing Landscape of eCommerce
# 2. Google already knows what we’re buying, [ads] will be so contextual and relevant that they won’t look like ads, they’ll look more like reminders.
– David Lesué, Creative Director, AtTask, Future Trends in Marketing
# 1. Just About Everything Gary Vaynerchuk Said
“If you’re just a headline reader, you really sound stupid in a room of people who know what they’re talking about”
“Instagram is the modern equivalent of print ads”
“The internet has created the second Industrial Revolution”
“Everybody’s obsessed with width instead of depth.”
“The internet is squeezing everyone in the middle who provides no value out of a job.”
– Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO & Co-Founder, VaynerMedia, Jab..Jab..Jab…Right Hook: A Conversation with Gary Vaynerchuk – His Story in a Noisy Social World