The concept of social commerce is by no means a new one. Many of us rely on the feedback of friends and family to make purchase decisions; or, we dole out shopping advice and gloat about recent purchases to them. Recent technologies, such as mobile devices and social media, have greatly enhanced social commerce in numerous ways. Whether people are reviewing products on e-commerce sites, uploading “haul videos” to YouTube, aggregating items to share on virtual wishlists, or scavenging the Web for retail apparel to create artful collages (as on Polyvore.com), one person’s purchases now have bigger impact.
So how do brands and retailers fit into this growing trend? This is a question that weighs heavily on the minds of marketing executives as we struggle to stand out in this highly competitive market. Fortunately, the Business Development Institute will be holding an event where you can hear success stories from the top brands in the industry who have successfully tapped into the power and influence of the social consumer. Here are the details:
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Graduate Center of the City University of New York; 365 Fifth Avenue; New York, NY 10016
Registration Fee: $195
P.S. – You can use the exclusive promo code “BB” for a discounted rate of $155!
Your friends at Zemoga will be there launching our newest initiative, Baskets & Bytes. We’ll be covering the half-day conference semi-live, posting in-depth interviews with the speakers and attendees to our new retail innovation blog. Join us as we deliver cutting-edge insights from the following speakers:
David Berkowitz, Director of Emerging Media & Client Strategy, 360i
Bonin Bough, Director of Social Media, PepsiCo
VidaBrekke, Emerging Media Strategist, Open Audience Manager
Stacie Bright, Senior Communications Marketing Manager, Unilever
Marcy Cohen, Senior Manager, Social Media, Sony Electronics, Inc.
Mark Fishkin, VP Digital Sales and Marketing, Wall Street Journal Digital Network
Julie Lee, Executive Director, Engagement Management, Organic, Inc. for Kimberly-Clark’s Kotex Brand
Noah Mallin, Vice President, Social Media, Digitas
David Weiner, PepsiCo
Also, our very own Dror Liwer will be moderating a roundtable called “Social Style: How to Leverage Social Shopping Behaviors to Deliver an Interactive Online Experience With Maximum Results.”
Together, we’ll aim to solve the following issues:
- How are brands using content strategy and content marketing as valuable currency to attract and retain customers and prospects?
- What are specific examples of how consumer marketers provide better customer service through social CRM?
- How do you embrace mobile social strategies including location based programs to increase sales and strengthen your brand?
- How are leading brands engaging customers through social games?
- What are the best examples of how leading e-commerce brands embrace social commerce to increase sales and provide better service?
- How does Facebook’s open graph and the explosion of the “like button” impact consumer marketing?
- How do leading organizations use and integrate social data to shape and refine their marketing and communications strategy?
- How do leading brands organize themselves to integrate social with their overall marketing, communications and customer service platforms?
Let us know if you’re planning on attending, and get a chance to speak your mind on camera!