It’s been one of those days that emphasized just how much of our lives are tied up in our laptops. Our recent post on how we work together digitally only scratched the surface when it comes to the tools and applications we use everyday. Here are eight other enormously useful digital tools we can’t live without:
1. SKYPE – even though we have a dedicated VOIP system we stillm use Skype for videoconferencing and large file transmission. Now that they’ve released an iPhone application for Skype we will probably end up using it even more.
2. TWEETDECK – we love Twitter but all those posts can get a little overwhelming at times. Tweetdeck allows us to create groups, easily send direct messages to other Tweeters, automatically shorten URLs and a whole lot more.
3. GOOGLE READER – Staying on the cutting edge of digital media means surfing numerous sites for news and information. Google Reader allows us to manage our RSS feeds and make sure we don’t miss anything important.
4. DELICIOUS – A lot of the sites we visit contain content that we want to review at a later date. Delicious allows us to easily bookmark sites and share them with the rest of our team.
5. YOU SEND IT – YouSendIt is an easy alternative for sending large files to clients who don’t have Skype.
7. WEBSITE GRADER – from HubSpot is a useful tool for analyzing clients exisiting sites (as well as performing QA on our own builds) and identifying areas for improvement. The same team now also offers Facebook Grader and Twitter Grader.
The bottom line is for almost every arduous task we perform there is a digital tool that can make our work easier.
What digital tools do you use to maximize your productivity?